Last year in August, OxygenOS 11 based on Android 11 was announced, and following this, Oneplus is the first to deliver the stable version 2020 ending to the OnePlus 8 series. Once three OxygenOS 11 beta release builds for the OnePlus Nord, the stable OxygenOS 11 update started rolling out for the device.
For its mid-range OnePlus Nord, the Chinese giant announced the Android 11-based OxygenOS update rollout through its official forums. Nord users will have the option to enjoy plenty of cool new features with the update, which includes new UI and Zen Mode 2.0, dark mode changes, always-on display, Voice Memo, and others.
At present, the company’s feedback-based system will be followed by the rollout, which simply means that initially, just a small level of Nord users will get the stable update. With their feedback, OnePlus will choose if the OS is steady enough for the remainder of the users. After it verifies that it is stable enough, the company will then roll out the update worldwide.
According to a report from XDA Developer, the update comes as a 2910MB (~2.9GB) package where users can download it on their devices as an OTA update. In case you don’t want to wait for the OTA update, you can download the region-specific flashable ZIP file. You would then be able to use the Local upgrade process to update your OnePlus Nord device.
OnePlus Nord OxygenOS 11 stable changelog –
- Android 11 version Update
- The brand-new UI design offers a more smooth experience with details multiple optimizations.
- Optimizes the stability of some third-party apps.
- Dark Mode
- A shortcut key for Dark Mode is added. Hence, pull down the quick setting to enable it.
- Automatic turn-on feature & customize time range is supported.
- Simply open: Settings >> Display >> Dark Mode >> Turn on automatically >> Automatically enable from Custom time range Ij.start canon | canon.com/ijsetup
- Ambient Display
- Insight clock style, with Parsons School of Design creation that will change according to the phone usage data
- Enable it from : Settings >> Customization >> Clock on ambient display.
- Newly added the Canvas always-on display. It can extract the subject’s outline from any photo and show it on your lock screen.
- Enable Canvas always-on display from: Settings >> Customization >> Wallpaper >> Canvas >> Choose photo preview to generate automatically. Ij.start canon | canon.com/ijsetup
- Story feature to automatically create the weekly stories
- Optimized the loading speed to enhance the image preview experience
- Brand new shelf UI
- A weather widget with a smarter animation effect